| Home >> Jobs >> Current Job Opportunities Back to Jobs|
|Position:||Senior Social Marketing and Communication Specialist
|Position description:||Position Summary: As the Senior Social Marketing and Communication (SSMC) Specialist the employee shall provide professional services to ECODIT and USAID/Jordan. Working under the direction of the COP, and as a member of the Project Management Team the Specialist will responsible for overseeing and coordinating the social marketing and communication aspects of the Project. The essential job functions are as follows:|
• Provide leadership on all aspects of the social marketing and communications program aspects of the Public Action Project in its implementation phase (Phase III), based on the strategic goals and objectives outlined and recommended in the National Communication Strategy and in accordance with the approved PAP Work Plans;
• Manage and supervise PAP intensive social marketing training programs, based on the UK National Social Marketing Centre curriculum.
• Provide PAP technical backstopping functions for the execution of PAP support to the Children’s Museum Jordan, the Queen Rania Teacher Training Academy, and the PAP Intensive Social Marketing training;
• Assist the COP in liaising with donors as well as GOJ, private sector, and NGO partners as necessary to accomplish the work collaboratively and in a participative manner;
• Assist the COP in ensuring linkages with existing USAID projects and programs, as well as national and regional governmental policies to which project activities can be tied to obtain maximum outreach;
• Advise and assist the PAP technical team specialists in developing the design and oversight processes for the implementation of PAP grants associated with all public awareness, social marketing and communication in the three PAP themes of water, energy and environment, and ensure gender mainstreaming and socio-cultural sensitivity norms are addressed in all program interventions;
• Supervise the work of technical program leaders (Communications Manager, Water Specialist and Energy Specialist), and mentor technical program leaders to manager junior-level staff.
• Elaborate and oversee training programs related to the social marketing and communications aspects of the PAP program outreach components;
• Assist the COP with other duties as necessary (e.g., work plans, progress reports, staff mentoring and evaluation, technical direction to subcontractors).
Supervision and Line Management: The Specialist will supervise, and be reported to by, the following senior level members of the PAP team: Communications Manager, Water Sector Specialist, Energy Specialist, Solid Waste Specialist, and Youth Specialist, and will be responsible for preparing their annual performance reviews. The Specialist will be expected to mentor and advise and instruct other staff specialists in communication, social media, youth development, and capacity building/training and outreach. The Specialist will be assisted in clerical and logistic tasks by the technical program coordinator.
The functions outlined above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. The Scope of Work is subject to amendment at any time by ECODIT and USAID/Jordan. The Social Marketing/Communication Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party for the Project who will be responsible for performance monitoring and assessment.
• Ability to advise on use of social networking sites to for PAP PR and awareness building objectives
• Prior history developing and implementing In-depth social marketing training to effect behavior change
• Ability to create, design and develop innovative public awareness and social marketing plans for wider application using state-of-the-art communication practices
• Ability to develop communication networking between public and private sector, NGOs, academia, mass media and journalism
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in social marketing and communications
• Fluency in spoken and written English, and proficient writing skills. Facility in spoken and/or written Arabic would be an advantage
• M.A. degree or higher in communications, public administration/social policy, or related discipline
• Professional-level certification in social marketing
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English to the following address
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application for PAP SSMC” in the subject of the email. ECODIT will respond only to a selection of qualified applicants. No phone calls please.
|Compensation package:||Competitive, commensurate with experience|
|Duration:||Through he lifetime of project|
|Close date of posting:||January 24, 2013|
|Submit your CV |